St. Francis College offers a challenging educational programme through inquiry-based instruction with rigorous assessment. We strive for excellence, providing a warm and friendly community committed to the philosophy of the International Baccalaureate (IB).
We empower pupils
- to be passionate lifelong learners.
- to achieve academic and personal excellence.
- to be committed to impact the world positively.
We believe that
- pupils have the potential to develop in all areas within a well thought-out, balanced and stimulating curriculum.
- everyone in the community has an important role to play in achieving our mission.
- learning is achieved best through inquiry, significant experimentation and meaningful problem-solving.
- pupils develop best in the environment of a safe supportive community.
- pupils are unique and active agents in their own learning.
- teachers are active leaders and role models who guide pupils to achieve their innate potential.
- pupils should respect and understand their home culture and heritage and those of others.
- acquiring fluency in English and Portuguese and developing pupils' mother tongue are both crucial.
- be responsible independent learners and critical thinkers who strive for excellence.
- acquire and apply the learner profile attributes.
- understand their needs and those of the school community, and take appropriate action.