Today St. Francis College has over 800 students composed of over 25 nationalities. The school counts on more than 100 full time teachers from varied nationalities. We are proud to have this diversified background and we truly believe it contributes to an environment of exchange, learning and promotes continuous growth amongst staff and pupils.
St. Francis College holds numerous authorizations and accreditations that ensure our academic offerings are of the highest caliber.
Authorizations and Accreditations
- Ensino Infantil, Ensino Fundamental I e II e Ensino Médio (Brazilian High School Certificate) since 2004
- SARESP-Educational Achievement of the State of São Paulo since 2004
- IB Primary Years Programme (PYP) since 2005
- IB Middle Years Programme (MYP) since 2008
- IB Diploma Programme (DP) since 2004
- University of Cambridge Local Examination Syndicate (Cambridge IGCSE) since 2004
- College Board PSAT since 2007
Curriculum and Examinations
The curriculum in Primary and Secondary is based on the British National Curriculum. It is also designed to meet the local requirements for the Ministério de Educação (MEC). Pupils at St. Francis College sit the SAT tests, the IGCSE exams in MYP5 (the equivalent of Year 11 in the British System) and the IB Diploma exams in DP 2.
University preparatory curriculum offerings
We are pleased to offer a rich and diverse set of curriculum offerings for our pupils in the IB Diploma years. Parents often comment that a great strength of St. Francis College is our ability to tailor our curriculum to the individual needs and interests of our pupils.
Click here for the full list of curriculum offerings in the IB DP.
Once our students graduate from St. Francis they go onto both Brazilian and international universities and continue to excel academically, personally and professionally.